Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Blind Side


I think most of you know that I could really care less about football. I think it is pretty much a waste of time and I can't believe the kind of money they pay people to play that game. All of this a side we watched an amazing movie last night. November is National Adoption Month and most of you also know that we are passionate about adoption. Blind Side is a movie about a homeless black teenager who is brought into the home of the Touhy's a wealthy family from Memphis. Eventually this family adopts him, he changes their life and they change his life. It is amazing what kind of difference people can have on one another. I love this story because it isn't about wealth, race or age. Go and see this movie. And maybe think little bit more about the impact adoption can have on not only one person, but on generations and generations. Happy National Adoption month!

9 comments:

TUsulli said...

I need to clarify: Kristin doesn't like football. Carter & I LOVE it!!!

Heather said...

Happy National Adoption month to all. We are grateful that adoption has brought Carter into our family.

Michelle Wilkes said...

Is that picture of the actual family the movie is based on? Because it doesn't look exactly like Sandra Bullock. I want to see the movie, but I bawled through the preview, so I will need a whole box of kleenex.
We're glad Carter is part of the family. And, I figured out after one sentence that it was Kristin writing! Not Chuckie!

TUsulli said...

That is a picture of the real family.

Karebear said...

Ben and I don't make it to the movies very much. I think the last movie we saw was Anna's Birthday last year...Madagascar 2. It look like a good one.

Debbie said...

I was wondering about that movie actually. Glad you talked about it. I'll definitely see it now. AND fyi, Richard holds nurses in the highest regard...he's married to one. That comment happened to be an inside joke that shouldn't have been brought up in front of my friend. Bottom line, he really doesn't think that.

BubbaRooster said...

Wowser, I'm glad, Chuck that you made that comment, cause I was reading that blog thinking "something bad has happened to my son in the course of going to law school", but then I found out Kristin was doing the blogging. Whew!
And Happy Adoption Month to all. I've got 2 grandchildren through adoption and my world would be much less than it is without them. Thanks to you fabulous kids for the adoptions and for all the rest of those wonderful grandkids that are being raised by loving, caring parents. Keep up the good work!

Kristin said...

Sounds like a great movie....we'll definitely go see it when we have a chance. Happy Adoption Month! I'm so glad that Carter was able to join our family through the blessing of adoption. It truly is an amazing thing.

Ashley said...

Hey, I loved this movie, it was very inspiring. Hope you guys are doing well, keep warm. My friend said you are having a cold spell over there.