




When you realize, you've turned into your parent? I had that today, I was talking to my Dad about the upcoming gift giving season (in my family, most the birthdays are from Oct to Dec, plus Christmas). He was getting pre-emptively upset about his birthday (Sat. Oct. 18th) saying that nobody had better spend their money to buy him anything, or he'd be real mad - note to all my Utah relatives, take him a gift, it's worth it to see him get mad! So as I was half listening to him and plotting how I would give him a gift, it occurred to me; besides really expensive stuff nobody would ever buy for me, all I really want for Christmas: Shirts and ties, same as Dad! It was horrible. But, I guess it happens, poor Carter, it's happening sooner for him. When I get home from work, I take off my tie immediately - and he usually puts it right on.





3 comments:
We bought ourselves stuff and counted it as something for dad. We will probably bring him cookie dough though. And yes, he is getting awnry as he gets older.
Thanks for the heads up. I think we have you for Christmas this year. So, what size and color?
Poor Dad, he is so picked on. (I wish I could be there to pick on him more).
Don't worry, I'm sure Carter will grow out of it.
Ha Ha. Today Drew and Isaac were looking through my wedding album and Drew pointed to a picture of Bubba and said, "There's you with Uncle Chuck."
Post a Comment