Friday, April 17, 2009

And So The Graduation Fun Begins...

Tonight Chuck and I attended an Awards Ceremony for University of Tulsa College of Law and also the Board of Advocates Awards Banquet. Chuck was one of 10 graduating law students to receive a very prestigious award named the Order of Barristers. This award is a nationally recognized award given in recognition of demonstrated excellence in moot court and mock trial activities. Chuck has been involved in the Board of Advocates and moot court throughout law school. He competed in a moot competition his 1L year and received 3rd placed. He participated in the AAJ Trial Advocacy Traveling team his 2L year and traveled to Denver to compete. He competed in the ABA Negotiation Competition his 3L year and received 2nd place. He also competed in the Constitutional Law competition and was granted a place on the Constitutional Law traveling team (but didn't travel or compete with this team). He also participated on the NTC Trial Advocacy Traveling Team his 3L year and traveled to Oklahoma City to compete. His Team advanced to the semi finals. I am very proud of Chuck and his accomplishments in Law School. Congratulations on such an awesome award!

Chuck, his NTC coach Marvin and NTC trial partner Deanna.
Chuck (the conservative) and his friend Mike (the Liberal). See they do like one another.

The Award is real, the Paper proves it.

6 comments:

Vivienne Sullivan said...

Oh my goodness I can't believe how proud I am of you, Chuck. I got all teary-eyed reading this. I can hardly wait to see you all next week.

Heather said...

Congratulations Uncle Chuck! We can't wait to see you all next week.

Karebear said...

That is awesome! Congrats, Congrats! Hey, I didn't know Mom was leaving comments. I am jealous, will you come leave a comment on my blog?

I'm glad your friends came to visit you. It looks like you had a great time.

Enjoyed reading your 'teaparty' signs. Dad didn't really make a whole lot of sense in his comments did he?

TUsulli said...

I think I saw something about potatoes in Bubba's comment - but that is just a guess

ColleenDown said...

Hi Chuck, I am just lurking around on Heather's family blogs. Congratulations, everyone needs to know a really good lawyer. I am glad we have one in the family.

Ashley said...

That is awesome, congrats to Chuck. He has done a lot of great things in law school, it is great that you are almost done.