Thursday, January 8, 2009

Carters Room

When you have a child biologically, you get 40 weeks of excited anticipation. Plenty of time to create a nice room to welcome the baby home.
When you adopt, you get no time, first you wait for years, so you don't make a baby room, cause it makes you sad when you walk by it, then one day you get a phone call - your baby is here, if you're willing to make the financial and emotional sacrifice, then maybe, just maybe, you can bring him home.
Anyway, you don't have much time to create a nice room. So you keep thinking, we'll make his room nice, any day now. Before you know it - he's almost two, and still no great kid room for the poor guy. Well not anymore! Here is Carters' brand new room (and by brand new, we mean absolutely, brand new!)
All rooms require a door-way

Any father would be lucky to have such a wonderful little boy who just loves to be around him - just not when he's trying to work with power tools




Here's his first look at his new place
Here is the finished product


Here he is helping his Mommy decorate

Finally, after all his hard work, the little guy gets to sleep in his brand new room. We sure love him :)

4 comments:

Michelle Wilkes said...

Nice work guys! I felt like I was watching "Deserving Design!" (My favorite show btw) Can't wait to see it!

Ashley said...

That is great. You guys did a great job with his room. That is really fun.

Karebear said...

That looks really great! I am impressed. I didn't know you knew how to do that. Carter looks great sleeping with his arm out the crib! Good luck with your last semester!

BubbaRooster said...

A great blog you guys. I really enjoyed the pictures and I was so impressed that you remembered during all the building to go get the camera and take the pics. I always remember after the event is over.
Carter-Bruce looks fantastic in his room.