Saturday, July 18, 2009
Porter Peach Festival
So since the Mr. is on hiatus from us this month and locked in a small room somewhere near the law library Carter and I decided to go with our friends Mylinda and her daughter to the Porter Peach Festival. Yes, there is in fact a festival all about peaches. We are in Oklahoma after all. After a small detour to Catoosa and Claremore we found our way down to Porter and to a very nice orchard. Oodles and oodles of peaches....
This sign was even posted, pretty sweet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
I'm confused. I thought this post was about the peach festival, but you're not going to actually make it there until next year?
Kristin, nice post. I love peaches and actually growing them is not that hard, as long as your wife waters the tree, thins the fruit, picks the fruit, washes and peels the fruit and bottles the fruit. Pretty easy and it tastes GREAT!
We went to the town of Porter to attend the peach festival, but instead just bought 1/2 bushel of peaches and left. The festival was on the other side of town and the kids were getting too tired.
Damn! This makes me really crave some peach pie!
Oh, sorry, didn't see the sign.
So what exactly do you do at a peach festival? I bet that it's about as exciting as a UFO festival :)
Who's Porter Peach and why is he so special?
I love the video of Carter drinking the chocolate milk. I wonder if I should have bought you plastic cups for Christmas instead of glass. Sorry!
Post a Comment