So I just finished taking the Bar Exam. It was hell. There is only one experience in my life that was worse. 11 hours yesterday, 8 today, all full of trick questions on finite points of law. Ugh and Ugh. So, lucky for you, I have some pent up aggression, time to let it out.
1. Yelling bless you across a room when some random stranger sneezes. Really folks, come on! I'm sure miss manner's will award you points if you only think the words bless you, you don't have to yell it out, ESPECIALLY in a class setting of any sort, or during a movie or play or during church service. At that point, you're not being polite, you're being RUDE. A sneeze is an involuntary act, we can excuse the sneezer, but you opening your big mouth and voluntarily interupting, that we cannot excuse - stop it.
2. Fake testicles on trucks. Vile, disgusting, and what better way to announce to the world that you really aren't sure people know you have male genetalia.
3. Professor Gates. I get you're a liberal, I get you teach at Harvard, but you're still not God. When a police officer stops me on my property with a simple question, like asking my name and ID, I give it to him. I don't go on a tyrade, play the race card, and refuse to give him the information, then follow him out of the house egging him on. What's worse about the whole scenario was the rush to judgment - not just by Emperor Obama, but by all the media writers out there. I found no less than 8 commentaries printed the day of, or the very next day (it went so far as to some writer on espn.com writing about it!!) all saying how bad racial relationships are in this country, all before anybody knew the facts. Here's the cold hard facts about racism in this country - it's here to stay. We all have a responsibility to do our best to improve things, but a scab that is constantly picked at WILL NEVER HEAL! We have all the moronic writers who so quickly called foul play on the cops to thank, as well as people like Reverend Al Sharpton for perpetuating the hate. For example -
4. Don Imus vs. Jamie Fox. Remember all the uproar over Don Imus and the Ruckers basketball team? Most of you have never heard of the Jamie Fox/Miley Cirus fued. Google it. His comments were far more offensive, much more deliberate, and more racially hateful, so much that I won't even repeat them on my blog. But look at what Sharpton was preaching when it was Don Imus talking (and the public request for his head on a platter) and contrast that to Jamie Fox - by the way, a prize to anyone who can find me any proof that Sharpton in anyway shape or form condemned Fox's comments. It is a pathetic double standard. Fox's excuse was the same as Imus's "I wasn't being serious". One guy got fired, one guy got an oscar. I hate double standards, which leads me to....
5. The BCS. I live in the "big" 12 conference now. Apparently it is a hanging offense to not care about college football around here. College football is an insult to competition. I cannot take seriously any league that ranks its teams before they ever play a down of competition. College football "national rankings" are everything I hate about liberal professors - Elitism. The haves will always have, and the have nots will never have. I thought the emperor was going to fix this? Anyway it is a sham and a hoax, they do the elitism even in thier own conferences! I hate to break it to any Texas or OU fans reading this, but Baylor and Colorado are also in the big 12.
6. Emperor Obama's refusal to produce his birth certificate. This is a bit of a conspiracy theory out there, that he wasn't born in the US. Several lawsuits have been filed requesting the Constitution of the United States be followed at the President be a citizen of the US. Emperor fans say that they shouldn't even dignify this with a response. Now, I'm not with the conspiracy theorists on this - except, nothing breeds mistrust like concealment. Every day he refuses, every day I start to think they may be on to something. Hey Emperor Elitist - you're not above the rest of us. We have to produce proper identification all the time, most of us can't even get on an airplane without it, just produce the dang cirtificate.
7. I've never been known for spelling, so I'm not sure how to spell this word. But some of Emperor Obama's critics have been calling him an Idealog (sp??) lately. I love this term. Really I prefer: Ignorant ass blinded by his arrogance who is surrounded by nothing but yes men and a pathetic media who never challenge him - and every day people swoon over him is another day he is blinded by his own supposed superior intelect. But Idealog rolls off the tongue a little better.
8. Obama-care. Let me be clear on this point. I do not want to overhaul the American Health system. I need to congratulate the Democrats on this issue, they have managed to sell the idea that "all Americans can agree that the system is broken and has to be fixed" all the politicians on both sides of the isle keep used this sound bite. What better proof of how out of touch with the people our "public servants" are. I realize many people want to fix the system. But I really don't. Look, I don't really fault people for disagreeing with me on this, where you stand depends on where you sit, and we all tend to look at things from our perspective only, so here's my perspective. I have health care - why? Because I choose to get it. I made sacrifices, gave up other things, put off what I wanted in the short term for what was better in the long term. Then I used the beautiful free market to find what I wanted and paid for it! This post is already long, so I won't go into all the things I hate about this new plan, but let me just say this. NO ONE is breaking into Canada to take advantage of the "wonderful" healthcare system there. No one. Canadians that can afford it come here to have medical proceedures done. Anyone who thinks the government can do health care better than the private sector should go stand in line at a DMV.
I get that some people think health-care is a fundamental right. It's not. Life is a fundamental right, and there isn't a person in this country (citizen, visitor, legal, or illegal) that cannot go into a publicly funded hospital and recieve emergency room - life saving treatment. Call me an evil capitalist (I'll take it as a compliment) but health-care goes to quality of life. There are no guarantees there. Are we all guaranteed a corvette just cause we are within the borders of the US? Ridiculous.
9. Criticizing Obama is NOT RACISM IT IS RESPECT. I won't type it again, but feel free to read it again. Think of it this way. You know how we have a professional women's basketball league? Well, in the NBA, you're not a good free throw shooter unless you shoot in the mid to high 80%. What if everybody said of the WNBA - "well, it'll be good if they only shoot around 50%, cause they're just girls". It woulld be incredibly patronizing, condescending, and disrepectful. Much more respectful to hold them to the same standard as men. So too with our "President" (sorry, I can't call him that till he acts like one). But people are not being racist when they criticize Obama, they are showing him the same respect all other Presidents have been shown. How pathetic to accuse someone of racism for merely disagreeing with you - see number three above.
10. Ford Motor Company. Many thought it was incredibly admirable that they took no federal money. But mark my words, their days are numbered. Consider this - they are in as bad a shape financially as GM was just a couple of years ago, except now, they have to compete with the government (real quick - how many competitors does Amtrak have?). See, Ford will still have to be concerned with the bottom line, whereas GM and Chrysler never have to make profit again, now the government owns them - they don't do profit, ever heard of the Post Office? They lost billions, the CEO, still made over 800 large. Fords only hope is to do as the Unions and Acorn did in 2008 in 2012. Break the law, funnel hundreds of millions into the Obama campaign with the untraceable cash cards. Then when he gets it, help create an emergecy, that way you'll be sure to get your trillion.
Well dear readers, I have a lot more stored up, but Kristin tells me to stop, and she's probably right. I'll stop. Good night
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Well, congrats on taking the bar. I was just talking to Ben last night wondering when you were going to take your test. I was going to call to see how you were, but I've read your blog (yes, I read all of it) and that answers my questions. I loved everything you wrote. I think I may print it off and take it with me to the pool so my friends can read it! They'd love it!
Oh, and I'm curious, what other experience in your life was worse?
Congrats on finishing the Bar! Guess all this free time has been filled up pretty quickly. Going to miss you tomorrow, Wayne and I are playing at Hobble Creek at 630.
Chuck, I finished your rant. It's now midnight, but hey, what a great read. You have at least one family member that enjoys your point of view. Keep it up.
Hope I don't have to take a test on what was on this blog...
Oh Dearest Chuck,
I was once again elated to hear that you have not gone soft or lazy since endeavoring to take on a tasks such as the Bar. First let me Congratulate you on taking the bar and I wish you the best on the results. Second Let me commend you for taking time out of your precious life to bestow upon us the blog followers of your good opinion. Many weeks have I waited to hear your views on the world and at last I was not disappointed. While I will not pretend to know all of which you spoke of I will say that I am a more educated person for hearing how the world is going form your point of view. I can only hope that Kristin and Carter do not impose to much of your time as to make it impossible for you to write more. Thank you once again.
Post a Comment